* Norway international Guro Reiten and striker Bethany England got on the scoresheet as second-placed Chelsea beat visitors Birmingham City 2-0 on Wednesday to keep up the pressure on FA Women’s Super League leaders Manchester City.
* Paris Saint-Germain cruised into the semi-finals of the French Cup on Wednesday (Feb 12) after thumping Dijon 6-1 in a match that saw the French champions benefit again from comical own goals.
* Colombia’s Juan Sebastian Molano continued UAE Team Emirates’ impressive start to the season by sprinting to victory on the second stage of the Tour Colombia on Wednesday (Feb 12) as reigning Tour de France champion Egan Bernal finished safely in the pack.
* The Chinese Grand Prix scheduled for Apr 19 has been postponed because of the “continued spread” of the novel coronavirus, motorsport’s governing body FIA announced Wednesday (Feb 12). FIA said promotors of the Shanghai race had requested a postponement “in view of the continued spread of novel coronavirus”, now named COVID-19.
* Andres Iniesta was in dazzling form on Wednesday as the former Barcelona midfielder drove Vissel Kobe to a 5-1 thrashing of Malaysia’s Johor Darul Ta’zim in the Japanese club’s first-ever appearance in the Asian Champions League.
* Former Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas plans to run for the presidency of the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), Spanish media reported on Wednesday (Feb 12). Casillas told the national sports council (CSD) of his intention to run in the upcoming RFEF elections, reported the Cadena Ser radio station early Wednesday.
* Premier League side Chelsea have agreed a deal in principle with Ajax Amsterdam to sign Moroccan winger Hakim Ziyech for 38 million pounds in the close season, UK media reported on Wednesday.
* France’s Gael Monfils started his Rotterdam Open title defence with a convincing 6-3 6-2 victory over Portugal’s Joao Sousa on Wednesday (Feb 12) to move into the last 16. The 33-year-old Frenchman next faces compatriot Gilles Simon who beat Mikhail Kukushkin 7-6(3) 3-6 6-3.
* Canada’s Vasek Pospisil, who stunned fans by sipping maple syrup during the Montpellier ATP final at the weekend, continued his impressive form on Wednesday (Feb 12) when he defeated top seed Daniil Medvedev 6-4, 6-3 at the Rotterdam tournament.