* Charles Leclerc led team mate Sebastian Vettel in a Ferrari one-two in final practice for the British Grand Prix on Saturday with Formula One championship leader Lewis Hamilton third for Mercedes. Leclerc lapped with a best time of one minute 25.905 seconds on soft tyres in cold and drizzly conditions, 0.026 quicker than Vettel, while Hamilton, winner of four of the last five races at Silverstone, put in a best lap of 1:25.954.
* Belgian champions Racing Genk have strengthened their squad for the new season with Romania international Ianis Hagi, the son of the player known as the Maradona of the Carpathians. The 20-year-old son of Gheorghe Hagi, one of the outstanding players of his generation, has signed a five year deal until 2024, the club said.
* Defending champion Geraint Thomas crashed on the Tour de France on Saturday, losing time to Frenchman Thibaut Pinot, but took heart from a strong recovery.
* Resurgent Bernd Wiesberger set his sights on a sixth European Tour title when he took a two-shot lead over South African Erik van Rooyen after the third round of the Scottish Open on Saturday.
* Valtteri Bottas beat crowd favourite and Formula One leader Lewis Hamilton by the blink of an eye on Saturday to deny his Mercedes team mate a fifth successive British Grand Prix pole position. The Finn was a mere six thousandths of a second quicker than the five-times world champion.